Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday, Black

I'm twenty two now. Doesn't it just make you sick?

I went to a gig the night before where RAN and Homesick/Starters were playing. I honestly didn't remember how incredible RAN was. I can't believe I was considering leaving before then. And Starters are right up my alley. They're gonna be my favourite local band fairly soon.

I went back to my gran's and slept for a bit and found myself being woken up at 4 in the morning by an insane amount of door banging and bell ringing. I assumed it was someone going to rob/murder me so I decided not to answer and to ignore it. Then I noticed flashing lights outside and heard someone say they were a Garda so I answered.

They evacuated the road due to a bomb scare. In trying to find out where I could take my grandparents, the Garda suggested a neighbours house. Dope. They were nice enough to let us sit in their car in the end though. It so long to wake them up as well. All the time I was thinking 'WE'RE GONNA DIE' but realistically I was thinking 'There's no bomb. I should just go back to bed.'

Anyway, they kept us outside for an hour and a half and then sent us back in. Fucking Edenmore Avenue. Ruining my birthday...

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy, and I'm so glad everything was okay :)
    Did they tell you why there was a bomb scare?
    Happy Birthday! <3 :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about a suspicious device and death threats... Loads of fun.

    Thanks Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete