Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm a gardener, me!

Today my gran's house felt like a home again for the first time in such a long time. Playing guitar between cooking food and looking after my grandparents seemed to suck the life out of the place. Rebecca stayed over last night and was singing as she was walking through the place and I've no idea why but it just reminded me of growing up and when my parents lived here and everything that needed to be done, got done.
She sat out in the garden for a while and I remembered how huge it seemed when I was smaller. Looking back, I've no idea how an apple tree and several pair trees fit in the garden with enough place left for me to run around with my cars and trucks.
I decided I'd cut the grass and I spent about 3 hours putting order into the garden and hiding all the eye sores in the shed and finding a place for everything. I really quite enjoyed it.
Now however, I am hungry and I'm hoping that a fried egg on a heel and a bowl of cereal will be enough for me... I don't want to spend more money. :(

1 comment:

  1. Aw that was a really lovely post :) I miss being small and have everything else be huge, it was far more exciting that way.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete