Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Progress

I love progress. It's slow progress but it is definately progress. I'm looking forward to creating something that I'm not going to hate or let slip to apathy or forget about in a few months time. Pen and Paper though. It's for the best. You dope, you.

I read most of a book that Amy gave lent me today (It's not long and it is in no way impressive that I've almost finished it). It's absolute gold though.

'He said to me
that trying to reach heaven without
god is like trying to
jump across the grand canyon,
and it just couldn't be done.

I told him that
Robby Knievel jumped across the grand canyon

He said to me
that he would pray for my soul
The poor man.'

Amazing! In my experience with pointing out the flaws in the Jehova Witness's logic and arguing with them for hours, I have found that this is exactly how they react. they're such spazzers.
I remember talking to priests and teachers about why we go to church and why repeat prayers over and over instead of actually talking to this God character.

Priest shows up to class to give out about kids not going to mass every week...

Priest: Hands up who doesn't go to church every week.
Richie: *Shoots hand up*
Priest: Why don't you?
Richie: I don't want to.
Priest: You should make time to go to church.
Richie: Why?
Priest: So you can pray to God.
Richie: I do that at home.
Priest: You should still make time for church. *Leaves classroom*

If he'd even made any attempt to answer me properly I probably wouldn't hate any organised religion the way I do now. It's just a 'You're only in 2nd class and don't know anything' mentality which is completely stupid. I'm glad I had the cop on to reject their idiocy so young. :)

I got the most amazing present ever today. It's a photo collage of the past several years. And it's absolutely massive. I'm taking down a painting I've no attachment to and replacing it. I miss having photos on my wall.

I'm getting my eyes retested tomorrow. It's best of I sleep now. Good night, the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment